Sunday, August 14, 2005

Songs

I started singing her the song, "If You're Happy And You Know it", 1 week ago. I used the action "clap your hands", "wave bye bye", "give me five", "kick your legs", "stamp your feet". In the beginning, she knew how to do the first 4, and when I stamped my feet, she got attracted to the sound, and looked down to see how I did it. She was quick to learn. After a few rounds of singing, over the weekend, she showed me how she 'stamp her feet'. She was holding on the the bed frame doing her usual round of cruising, and when we reached the part "stamp your feet", she lifted one of her feet up, and stamped her foot. I sang the whole song, and she stamped her feet every time we reached the phrase with the action. We were so pleased with her, and cheered and lifted her up to praise her. She was pleased with herself too, smiling her cheeky grin. Now, every time when I sing her the song, she will follow the action phrase and do the action. Sometimes she's a bit slow, and I have to wait for her a second or two, and repeat the phrase, or tell her "Zara, wave bye bye la", or "Zara, give mummy five", and she'll carry out the action after the reminder. These few days, she also started mastering opening and closing her hands while we sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". She's trying to imitate the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" action as well, but I guess that will take a while. Of all the Baby Einstein DVDs that I bought for her, she likes the Old Mc Donald one the most, and only the bit where the song was sung. She enjoys children songs a lot, and especially like it if there's some action bits which she can contribute. Sometimes, she sings too, but I can't make out what she's singing. She'll be 'aaaaah.... mm baaaa.", then she'll open and close her hands, and I guess she's probably singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

No comments: