Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Easy mornings

Daddy is away in Shanghai, and I decided to spend a few nights with King's wife and my 2 nieces. Their palace place is very close to the office (if I chose to walk, I could reach the office in 10mins), so staying there means I don't have to leave for the office so early, and I can spend some time with Zara in the morning before going to work. Today, we both got up at 6:50am. I got up this early because I have a 7am meeting, and when I tried to carry Zara downstairs (so we can keep an eye on her, since everybody is downstairs doing their own chores), she got up as well and refused to go back to sleep. I nursed her while I was on the phone (thank goodness we don't have video conferencing yet!), when it was my turn to talk, I have to hand Zara to Tuyam. Her whining and complaints didn't escape the ears of my fellow colleagues in other parts of the world though, but people are so used to all kinds of 'noises' in such meetings (for example we heard someone pee-ing into the toilet bowl, followed by the sound of flush in one meeting; and another time we could hear loud snores after 30mins into a conference all the way till the end, apparently that particular audience found the meeting too boring) they just commented "Aw, that's your baby. Sorry you have to work this early" and the yada yada yada continued. Anyway, the meeting finished half and hour early, so I have ample time. Here are the things I did with her before I went to work: Helped Tuyam bath and change her Brought her out to the garden for a walk (she loves King's wife's water feature) Played and talked to her while she's having her breakfast. And only then I took my bath and went to work. Next few days while staying here, I can continue to enjoy these easy mornings.

10 comments:

jazzmint said...

agnes, what do u feed zara for breakfast?

Egghead said...

jazz... I think she is feeding her some mother's joy and love :P

nice lor can spend some time in palace! how I wished :P

blurblur said...

Wah...envy envy!

So good, can stay in palace and spend more time with little Zara..i'm really envioussssss!!!!:p

ZMM said...

jasmine,
mornings normally is yogurt, fruits cereals, or just fruits. Yesterday she had stewed apple with brown rice cereal.

egghead,
every meal is filled with mum's joy and love :P

blurblur,
place (not palace). But spending time with her is bliss!

MomsyWorld said...

Zara really wake up very early wor...hehe...

If Ethyl wakes up so early...I will have to plead my mom to come earlier so tat I can sleep longer! :x

Anonymous said...

zara's mama - hi, i'm returning the visit you paid to my blog. I love feeding time, in fact, i'm feeding gordon as i type now, lol.

ZMM said...

Fannie,
yeah, our wake up time now is dictated by her. :-(

Samm,
Wellcome.
Feeding is fun only if they eat what you give them. :P

Anonymous said...

whao... so good can stay with SIL for few days, so 热闹.

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »