Monday, October 24, 2005

Heart Warming Moment

This happened at at my sister's place, which is a three story town house, yesterday. I was comfortably seated on the disgustingly sparkling clean kitchen floor; Zara was at the foot of the stair case, just 3, 4 feet away from me, interested in climbing up the stairs (probably to get to the TV room above). She had both hands on the railing, head looking ahead of the stairs, she lifted one of her feet, just about to make her ascend. Me : "Zara, please don't go up the stairs" She placed the lifted foot back on to the floor, and looked at me. 3 seconds later, she lifted one of her feet again, eyes looked ahead, about to place it on the step above. Me : "Zara, mummy said please don't go up ok?" She turned to look at me again, placed her foot on the stairs, but her weight was still on the firm foot resting on the kitchen floor. Me : "Zara, if you go up the stairs, and fall down, mummy will not sayang (comfort) you or kiss kiss you, huh?" Zara paused and looked at me (trying to challenge me), but started to shift her weight to the foot rested on the step. Me : *desperate light bulp appeared on top of my head* *rub eyes* "Uh..uh..uh.. Mummy so sad, Zara doesn't want to listen to mummy. Uh.. uh.." *pretend to cry* Sister : *just in case my acting was lousy Zara didn't know I was crying* "Oh-O, Zara made mummy cry cry" I was concentrating on my acting crying, and then suddenly could hear the bell on Zara's anklet tinkling. When I removed my hands from my eyes, she had already (wobbled forward and) reached me, and had her hands hugging around my neck. Zara : "Pat Pat, Pat Pat" (Me : *wow, new vocabulary*) She started patting my back, then leaned her head on my shoulder. Her way of consoling the lying crying mum. Me : *kiss her cheek* "Thank you. You came back to sayang (console) mummy is it?" Zara : *still patting me* "Pat Pat, Pat Pat" Me : "Zara is such a good girl" Zara : *grinned, looked at me, then leaned her head back on my shoulder* Aww, you can imagine how I feel the rest of the day, her action was like a cup of hot chocolate with mushmallows on a cold cold day *hands on chin, eyes blinking, lashes flicking*.

15 comments:

mob1900 said...

waaaaahahaha... Zara seems to respond to emotions more! me thinks she should be consider for acting career or as a politician!

cool baby Zara!

jazzmint said...

wah so heartwarming lehh..faythe always ignore me when it comes to the stairs..even i beat her on the thighs also she couldn't care less...very thick skin!!!

Sue said...

they're just so fascinated with the stairs, everytime Ivan goes near the stairs, papa wait make strict face and go... Haeeeppppp!!

Anonymous said...

Zara LOVES Mommy!!! This is soo sweet... Give Zara a kiss for me will ya??? lol

blurblur said...

Awwww...Sweet Zara! Really heartwarming:) She's good, already know how to sayang mummy at such tender age..:)))

Egghead said...

neat trick!
but still tipu little children :P

Anonymous said...

wat else can i say??? AWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

Twin said...

so so cute ... :)

Irene said...

that's so sweet!

MomsyWorld said...

that is very extremely SWEET!!!! :)

Lazymama said...

Soooo lovely little Zara, so now you can use this trick more often!

My Yee Ching won't listen to me if she is too tempted with her desire!

Lazymama said...

Ekk, every time I commented on your blog, I'll get the undelivered mail returned to sender kind of notification. I think your company's mail box rejected the mail.

ZMM said...

mob1900,
you know anybody in RTM? TV3? NTV7?

Jasmine,
Maybe soon. Zara just started being more 'responsive'.

sue,
yeah, it's like a challege to them.

Helen,
Hope the love will stay.. :)

Milly,
yeah loh, smile whole day, and the heart tian-mi-mi

Blurblur,
really make me want to float.

egghead,
now can tipu tipu loh. Later their turn to tipu us.

YL,
Awwwwwww (too)

Twin, Fannie, Irene,
Thanks

Jefferene,
Not sure if I was just plain lucky.

Huh? You mean you actually get a mail bounced back to say your mail rejected?

I think the co mail server is treating these mails (notification of comments inserted) as junkmails kua.

shiaulin said...

lovely Zara.... what more can i say too?

i want a baby girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »