Cons of working from home:
- We don't have streamyx at home, so I have to use the
bloodyslow 28kbps line, netmeeting or the application I'm supporting will work like a snail with this speed
- Already, I'm working in isolation (my other team members are scattered all around Asia), not going to the office means I will miss out on local organizations gossips and updates
- I can work in peace in the office (won't have a screaming Zara asking for mummy mid way through a teleconference)
no one in the Malaysia office will know I'm dead if I work from home all the time
Pros of working from home:
- I don't have to travel 30mins (highway all the way) to my sis' or bro's plc to drop Tuyam and Zara, and then another 15mins to the office; then in the evening, do the same. Save patrol, save toll (RM3.60 one way) & most importantly time
- When I start work, I don't have to feel already half tired (from all the driving)
- I get to spend more time with Zara (since time is not used for travelling)
- I can spend all my break time playing with Zara as well as to nurse her (it definitely feels better than using the pump)
- I can check on the food Tuyam feeds Zara
- I can take a nap during lunch time with Zara
- The best part of working from home is able to see Zara popping her head into my home office occasionally with this big big grin.
Don't I love my job for allowing me this flexibility?