Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Pro & Con of working from home

Cons of working from home:

  • We don't have streamyx at home, so I have to use the bloody slow 28kbps line, netmeeting or the application I'm supporting will work like a snail with this speed
  • Already, I'm working in isolation (my other team members are scattered all around Asia), not going to the office means I will miss out on local organizations gossips and updates
  • I can work in peace in the office (won't have a screaming Zara asking for mummy mid way through a teleconference)
  • no one in the Malaysia office will know I'm dead if I work from home all the time

Pros of working from home:

  • I don't have to travel 30mins (highway all the way) to my sis' or bro's plc to drop Tuyam and Zara, and then another 15mins to the office; then in the evening, do the same. Save patrol, save toll (RM3.60 one way) & most importantly time
  • When I start work, I don't have to feel already half tired (from all the driving)
  • I get to spend more time with Zara (since time is not used for travelling)
  • I can spend all my break time playing with Zara as well as to nurse her (it definitely feels better than using the pump)
  • I can check on the food Tuyam feeds Zara
  • I can take a nap during lunch time with Zara
  • The best part of working from home is able to see Zara popping her head into my home office occasionally with this big big grin.

Don't I love my job for allowing me this flexibility?

14 comments:

mom2ashley said...

i wish i could work from home more often!!! lucky you!

Sue said...

hey, you're the second person i hear who has a choice to work from home... *envy envy*... but working from home need a good deal of self discipline...

Lazymama said...

Hehe, you and Jazzmint working in the same organisation! So good you can work from home!

Egghead said...

I so long for a flexi hour job ler... but I hate to work from home wor... coz most likely I will sleep through the day :P

MomsyWorld said...

Having to work from home (like me) has joys...but sometimes a hassle if our little gal insist on wanting their Mommy.

I love her around, but also prefer to have some peace...So, i leave her with my mom and pop by on and off to look on her, nurse her and play with her! :)

Anonymous said...

I still prefer to work from home, even though it require more discipline on time management (which I seriously lack off), but can spend more time with kids lor.
But still...sometime will wish to work outside, I miss the days I work in shopping complex, hahaha...shopping all day long.

blurblur said...

I'm green with envy towards mummies who are able to work from home...lucky you!

Annie said...

envy-envy...but if i work from home hor, i'll ended up sleeping more than work leh! i'm already half-sleeping in the office....imagine, if at home...ZZZZZZZZZ

Anonymous said...

so why don't you work from home? not everyone can afford this luxury. Lucky you!

ZMM said...

Anna,
Thanks.

Dinah,
Can't you? Occassionally?

Sue,
Yup. Need lots of disipline. And sometimes u have to work extra hard and longer hours because you want to proove to others you are not lazing at home.

Jefferene,
One of the perks in doing this dog work loh. :P

Egghead,
Discipline, Discipline, Discipline.

Fannie,
You live near mum?

Maria,
So best is get the flexibility. Can either work fr home or work in office. :P

Blurblur,
That's why I'm not complaining, even doing shit work.

Annie,
Yeah loh.. sometimes I get sleepy also.. thn read blogs loh. keke

mama mia,
Will try to do it more often, but still need to come back to office to catch up on gossips, and gain back my sanity. :P

Passerby A said...

Yes, that's my dream to work from home too. But I haven't found the right job for that yet, I have to settle for part time work.

Great pic!

Loc Kee said...

hey hey dont know that u osoo work from home :>

mee too, officially no office. sometime feel boring then pop into client's office and Act as mine :p


err... 1 con of it is, the kid will sometime toooooo sticky to you lo :( espesially you rushing something .

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work King of the bingo game train dream modafinil shipped c.o.d Depakote ec 250mg tab physicians reference unavailablity of provigil Meridia prozac heart disease celebrex uk Maria cordoba shemale Stearns  foster mattress sale Us refinancing 100 side effects prescription drug celebrex celebrex attorney tx Arthritis doctor arthritis pain relief arthritis p Inheritance computer science web site promotion add url information seroquel medication girl blowjob mpeg

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.valtrex-side-effects.info/Valtrex-lowest-price.html Batavia incorporation service botox charlotte Lipitor united states What does a roulette board look like Roulette syteme Clinical trials for xenical Uproar hardcore Nature &aposs benefit blue emu pain relief Addiction levitra