Friday, October 07, 2005

Talking - Yesterday

After dinner Zara crawled to the TV cabinet in my sis' house yesterday. Touched some of the switches Pulled some of the wires Took her Wheels In the Bus VCD Handed me the VCD and said, "put, put, put, put, put", and then kept touching the TV screen. Did she just say "PUT?", or was it just coincidence? We never really taught her this word before, and we always say "Play" for VCD/DVD, never "Put". Anyway, it was time to go home, so I told, "We go home first, mummy will PUT for you at home" Back At Home Told Daddy about what happened ealier. Daddy: Zara mummy said you so clever, you know how to say PUT? Say again. PUT Zara : Put Put Put Put Put (Daddy clapped hands, Zara grinned) Daddy: Zara, say mum, mum, mum, mum, mum Zara : Mum, mum, mum, mum, mum.... (non stop) (wow, in the mood to talk) Daddy: Call Daddy then, Pa Pa Pa Pa Pa Zara : Pa Pa Pa Pa Pa (didn't look like she was directing this to Daddy) (I cannot tahan/stand any more, so I chipped in) Me : Zara, call mummy, Muh-mee, Muh-meee Zara : ...... (grinned) (Maybe too hard to call Mummy, let me try again) Me : Zara, say Mimi, mi-mi Zara : (immediately) Aao, Aao, Aao, Aao Me : Zara, Mummy is not a cat, say Mimi, MI MI Zara : Aao, Aao, Aao, Aao (non stop) Me : *roll eyes* Daddy : *Laugh* I don't know which part of me resembles a cat or a furry animal (which she also uses "AaO" on). Up till today, she still doesn't want to call me. Aigh.

11 comments:

mom2ashley said...

maybe mi mi sounds like meow meow and thats why she said aao aao instead...?? so sweet...

MomsyWorld said...

maybe u should let her try calling MAMA instead.

When Ethyl said Papa after I taught her Papa for about 2 days, I have decided to change my "strategy". I made her call "MAMA" instead of Mommy as I believe a single syllabus is easier to pronounce for them.

You might wana try? :)

Lazymama said...

hahaha! When I read the "Aao" part, ijust couldn't stand myself laughing! Be patient!:P

blurblur said...

Damien called his Mah Mah, Gong Gong, Daddy, Yee Yee way before he called me..i just waited patiently....now it's always "mommy this and mommy that...." :)))

Sue said...

ivan also refuse to call me mummy... he says mummy but not facing me, and he can't link the word with my face.... when he wants me he calls.. Dah!!! Dahhhh!!! Daaaaahhhh! on the other hand he can call papa and can link it to his father >.<

Anonymous said...

eh? most of the toddler prefer to call anyone else but mommy, why ah? recently read Michalle's girl also same, my girls last time also same.
But once they call, non stop.

jazzmint said...

hehehe...maybe mi mi oso got claws hidden like meow kekekeke...no worries lah, later start calling u means wanna stick closer to u hehehe..that time really kenot hide liao

Egghead said...

hahahaha... I guess all babies call their "mama/mum/mummy" last!!

Mumsgather said...

Aao! Aao! Aao! Hahaha.

ZMM said...

Dinah,
Maybe.

Fannie, tried mama, won't repeat after me also.

Jefferene, Mumsgather,
Sometimes they really surprise you with the 'jokes' they make.

Blurblur, Sue, Maria, Egghead,
I heard that before as well. I think maybe to them (kids), mummies and them are one entity, until they can identify/acknowledge that they are separate entity will they actually call the mum.

Jasmine,
I no claws la.. Now, don't call me also very sticky/clingy liao.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. Books on internatioal watch co. James bentley dvd biography marianna and 8th street latinas