Monday, October 03, 2005

Just Photos

A colleague who took beautiful photographs for her sons gave me this tip on photography Simple tips of taking good shot of children with any camera is to "GET CLOSER". Moving closer eliminates all the distracting elements in the background and show a more intimate picture of your subject. I took her advice and over the weekend tried to shoot some close up photos of Zara, and yes, the result is amazing. Zara's hand in mine. Our feet. I like the shot Dinah took with Ashley. Here's my version. Zara sucking on her thumb in her cot early Sunday morning. Zara staring at the TV, watching her favourite VCD, Wheels On the Bus Still staring at the TV. Here she is, playing with the toys on her walker.

15 comments:

Egghead said...

just don't get too close until you blind her with all the flashes :P

Anonymous said...

somehow children are the only subject who could do close-ups without makeup and all those nonsense! and all the pictures will turn out to be winners!!

Sue said...

wah... very nice! i also wanna take those hands and feet shots, prob will need to wait till he's asleep :P

jazzmint said...

nice shots lehh...i like the hand one..with a very nice background too..now u tempt me hehehe....

blurblur said...

Nice shots!! :)))

MomsyWorld said...

Agnes, u beat me to it!

I wanted to take some shots like the hands and feet too! :)

We are planning to do a family portrait for Ethyl on her coming b'day.

Ivy intro one to us that she's going in november...let's see how her pix will turn out before we decide on whether shall we go and have one taken there.

Anonymous said...

Oh...I love the picture of two legs, nice...

ZMM said...

egghead:
I won't sacrifice Zara for 'arts' one. No flash while taking close up.

yl:
yeah, children have skin to die for

sue, jazzmint, fannie:
I'll wait for your posting.

blurblur, maria:
thanks.

mom2ashley said...

yea i like the hand and feet photos - such a big diff between their anatomy and ours huh!

mom2ashley said...

i took a "her hand and my hand" shot sometime ago - http://my4toes.blogspot.com/2005/08/hand.html
should take these shots from time to time just to see how fast they are growing!!! hehehe

mom2ashley said...

i totally agree with what your colleague advised you on her photo taking techniques. My inspiration comes from a mother of 4 who takes LOVELY pictures...http://tarawhitney.typepad.com/ check it out..you'd know what i mean - she takes EXCELLENT pictures...

Jason Lioh said...

I love the hand shot, very nice and looks meaningful.

Lazymama said...

I love both the hands & legs shot, very lovely, very sweet!

ZMM said...

Dinah, do you use an SLR for your photos?

Jason, Jefferene, Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Bontril buy overnight bow pads stationery